Sunday 9 February 2014

Olympics!

The winter Olympics are in full swing which means 1. I am SUPER excited and 2. I will be wearing my Canada toque every day until it's over.
The Olympic Oval (where I train every day) has set up a Sochi lounge so we can watch Olympics while we're at the oval/university and we are currently recording about 15 hours of footage overnight/during the day so we can watch anything that we miss while we're doing other things (like sleeping ... there's an 11 hour time change).  The oval sometimes also puts the Olympics up on the big screen which can be really distracting while we're skating.

Of course I am very excited to watch the speed skating both long and short track and so far we have gotten to watch Sven Kramer race while we ate breakfast before our own races Saturday morning and watch Ivanie Blondin who's from my home club skate today.  Short track starts tomorrow and everyone should watch it! It can be absolutely insane and Canada has a lot of medal contenders but as always anything can happen.
Look at that doesn't that look ridiculous?
I also really enjoy watching the snowboarding events.  I haven't been able to use my snowboard in years because I don't want to get injured during the competitive season so I get to live a little vicariously through the olympic snowboarders (although my skills are nowhere near).  I am also in love with Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir so I am ridiculously excited to see them skate again.

seriously don't even get me started on them
What are you excited for? Who are you rooting for?


No comments:

Post a Comment